Monday, June 24, 2013

June at the Gocke's

Well hello and welcome to my blog! How fun is this?! My goal in starting this blog is that we (my friends and family) can feel more connected. What I miss most about living close to friends and family is the everyday, sharing life stuff. So, I'm going to share our lives here and will hopefully hear about you and your lives in the comments, an email, or even a phone call.
Before I get to the fun stuff (Evie pictures!) let's talk about commitment. I only plan on posting about once or twice a week, anything beyond that will be bonus and should not be expected as normal. :)

Our household is in a bit of disarray right now... we're moving! We are renting a house that is right across the street from where Phil works, which will make our one car situation much more workable. We have a truck reserved for this Saturday and a team of guys ready to help. Here are some pictures of our new place:
                                          Living Room
                                          Kitchen
                                                   Dining Area
                                                   Evie's Bedroom (ours looks identical, but slightly bigger)
                                                    Bathroom, pink tub included!
 
Bonus room above the garage
 

This house was really a gift from God. It met all of our criteria, plus had a lot of extras. We're so thankful! I will post "after" pictures as soon as we reach "after!"
 
Last week, Evie and I and my friend, Nicky, went to the zoo. It was free admission that day and was crazy (a zoo, literally and figuratively)! Not to mention very hot, so we didn't last too long. But we had a nice time and Evie enjoyed herself.
                                                   Hello Sunshine!
                                                    Ev trying to feed the donkey...She really liked him.
                                          Nicky and Evie
                                         The Giraffes... the best part of the zoo!
                                       

 
 
Let's see... On Father's Day we had a great time celebrating Phil! Evie helped him open his presents before church

And then after church we went to Adobe Restaurant... Phil's favorite place for wings! Then, we came home and we all took naps! It was beautiful! Then we went to a Springfield Cardinals Game that ended up being cancelled two hours after we got there due to the field being soaked from recent storms. (we left about an hour and a half after we got there to put someone to bed, but are able to use our ticket for a future game, so no loss). But, we still had the "baseball experience." We got ice cream, fried foods, got to people-watch, and hung out on the lawn. Even though there was no game, we still had a lot of fun!


For Father's Day, Evie also painted a special card for her Grandpas... She surprisingly did not enjoy the paint, but cooperated with mom and dad by plopping her painted hand onto the cards (and other places, too).


 
 
Well, that's all for now. In less than three weeks we'll be headed back to our native lands! We can't wait to see all of you! You'll definitely be hearing from me before then!
 

10 comments:

  1. Yea! So Glad you guys are coming to visit! Glad to see the Lord bless you with the perfect house by Phil's work. That is always a blessing when we are walking with the Lord and he opens up doors and opportunities. Love all the pictures of Evie! She is growing up way too fast :) Love you lots! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little sunshine. Can't wait to see you guys!! The house looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, Emmy!! Yay :-)

    Huggles, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little stinknose :) pink tub is AWESOME,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about this blog..........I love blogs! And I KNOW I'll love this one. Thanks for doing this. The house looks perfect for you 3, soon to be 4! Such a blessing all the way around. So excited to see you soon. Love you 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em! I'm so glad you are doing this!!! I LOVE the new house! It looks beautiful and so comfy! So happy for you guys!!! I am so excited to see our Gocke clan so soon!!!! Missing my family lots!!!

    love.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em, thanks for doing this:) Now I can keep up with pics of the Gocke family, that makes me really happy. She is a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to see all of your:) love ya lots xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great house! LOVE the pics of the little one. Much love friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone! I miss you so much! I hope you enjoy the new post and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily thanks for sharing. You are such an amazing woman:) Love you Lots:) Coffee Date soon????

    ReplyDelete